The SLS smartPAD is a high performance ultra-compact USB UHF RFID reader. It has a built-in circular polarized antenna, which enhances ease of readability and reduces the hardware and deployment costs.
The modern and stylish design together with its competitive cost, make the smartPAD the ideal device for retail applications, especially fashion and apparel.
When used with a POS device, the smartPAD is versatile and allows for fast, secure and efficient item reads, reducing checkout times and improving customer satisfaction.
SLS smartPAD can operate in “keyboard wedge mode” (USB keyboard emulation via HID) that facilitates integration with software applications prepared for use with barcode readers. When operating in “HID” mode, smartPAD can be configured for automatic decoding of RFID tasg EPC memory data in SGTIN96 format to UPC/EAN-13 barcode format.
With easy integration, simplicity, robustness and low cost, the SLS smartPAD is the ideal device for use in different applications and environments: retail, healthcare, libraries, and others.
- UHF RFID reader with integrated antenna – ISO18000-63
- Operating frequency band: 902Mhz to 938Mhz
- Maximum transmit power: +23dBm configurable in increments of 0.1dB
- Reads up to 140 tags/s in DRM or 250 tags/s in high throughput mode
- Integrated circular polarized antenna
- Far field gain: 0.5dBi
- Axial ratio: <2dB @ 920Mhz
- VSWR <2:1
- Magnetic field (H) intensity: 1.1dBA/m @ 1 cm from surface
- Operating modes: transparent, RAW ASCII, or USB keyboard wedge (HID)
- One USB 2.0 port for power and data
- Weight: 100g – 3.5 oz
- 116x60x12 mm
- 5.6×2.4x.5 in
- Ingress protection rating: IP54
- Operating temperature: 20C to +65C
- Certifications: FCC and Anatel